.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Queen of Procrastination

That's me! Queen of Procrastination! I have to meet my Aunt and Cousin at the airport in about 20 hours and I'm trying to madly clean my apartment since they are staying with me while they're in Sydney. My apartment currently looks like Christmas threw up all over it. Presents and wrapping paper and ribbon everywhere. Work crap all over the place. My apartment also looks like it's a costume shop. My Halloween Eyptian costume is laying around, along with my Brazilian Carnival costume - I need to work out where I can store my enormous feathered backpiece! If someone broke into my apartment to rob me right now, they'd think that someone beat them to it.

I've been meaning to tidy up for the last month, but I've barely been home, so it all comes down to the last 20 hours! Or, really, less than that since I'd like to sleep tonight :-)

This last month has been so crazy. We had our work Xmas party on our boss's yacht. That was very fun. Lovely people, gourmet sandwiches, yummy dips, sushi, lots of wine and beer, fruit, secret santa pressies, and very generous Xmas bonuses from our boss! YAY! Very nice nice, indeed! And my old job took me out for a fantastic farewell dinner (so yummy!) and gave me an awesome specially made butterfly shaped card showing "Lori through the years" and a fabulous 30 gig iPOD. Very very sweet!

I tried to just go into work for a couple hours yesterday to finish up a few things before I officially go on holidays, but it turned into 7 hours...ooops. And I still didn't get lots of stuff done! :-(

My Xmas Eve and Xmas Day were fantastic. Spent Xmas Eve with Claude, Chad, Mia, Marvin, Rhonda, Johnny, and Monika at Marvin's parents' place. As usual, they prepared a fabulous feast, this year with the addition of an actual roast pig. It didn't have an apple in its mouth, but, still!

I have to admit to being a blissfully ignorant carnivore. I know that pork comes from piggies, for instance, but I don't like to actually think about it too much. So eating meat that I'd just seen carved off of poor little Wilbur, well, it was a tad confronting. But damn if that pork wasn't the best I've ever had! Thanks, Wilbur! His little legs were tied together as if he was preparing to do an Irish jig - very cute!
We danced and listened to good music and chatted and played poker while waiting for midnight to come so we could open our pressies. Santa was VERY good to me this year! :-D

Christmas Day I spent in Newtown with Carlos, Alex, Adrian, David, and Deb. I will have to post the photos I took of the food at Carlos's. Martha Stewart would be proud! We had turkey, roast chicken, lamb, and the most beautiful salads! So beautiful, I had to take photos of them! I made my roast chicken and mango salad which went over well, so I was pleased! I swear I ate 4x my body weight just that day alone! We pretty much just ate ALL day and all night long while chatting and lounging around and drinking more wine and playing Playstation and watching movies. A lovely lazy day!

And an extra special thanks to my parents (Mr + Mrs Claus) who got me my super Xmas package in time, filled with cute clothes and jewelry and more! Plus, they got me DVDs Say Anything and Summer Rental, which I'd requested, so YAY! My dad asked me if I'd ever re-gifted any of their presents. The answer is no, but I have re-used the boxes their gifts came in, many times. :-)

7th Heaven is playing in the background....good lord, how long has this show been on TV? All the little kids are grown up now and wearing too much make-up and getting married! It seems like these kids' only goal is to get married as quickly as possible! Yikes!

In other random news, I've been asked out by 1-2 cab drivers a week, each week, over the last month. I take too many cabs....

Okay, back to cleaning!!!
-Santa's Naughty Elf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home