.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

Dancing Shoes, Laundry, and Personal Training

Normally Sundays are my writing days, but since I had errands and a personal training appointment today, I made late Saturday arvo my writing time.

OH! I have finally started speaking to The Writer Lady. I'm not sure if I have written about The Writer Lady here before. She goes and writes at the same spot I write, week after week, just like me. We both sit by a water fountain, hogging two tables each, and spend many hours writing each weekend amidst the noise and bustle of a food court.

The Writer Lady has been coming to my 'spot' for probably a year now and we had never really spoken before. We'd give each other the smile and the nod, or maybe a wave, from time to time, but that was pretty much it. She did say one thing to me once after seeing the obscene amount of sour cream I had on my chilli con carne. Her mouth dropped open in shock and she exclaimed, "My, we're indulging today!" and I smiled and said, "Yup." I wanted to tell her that her reaction was actually kinder than most when they see my sour cream addiction. I like EXTRA sour cream. Or rather, EXTRA EXTRA sour cream. This is one of the things that bonds Claudine and I. We adore our sour cream and we hate people who are stingy with it.

So when the Mexican place gets stingy, we ask for more. A month or so ago, a guy who has made me my Mexican food for years, was, in fact, being stingy with the sour cream, so I asked for a bit more, and instead of just humouring me (since I am one of their best customers of all time), he told me I was going to get fat.

Perhaps.

But what a way to go...now, shut up and gimme my sour cream, bastard! ;-)

Anyway, I've actually had people walk by me, take a look at my Mexican food, with a small mountain of sour cream decorating the top, and say, very loudly, "Ugh, gross!" They just don't understand ;-)

So, the point is, The Writer Lady and I now know each other's first names. I asked her if she was some famous writer and she said no, that she just likes to write. I hear ya, sister! :-)

I gots shoesies!

So, please, don't ask me how much my new dance shoes were. I might cry. Just a little. They cost more than I was hoping to spend, but they are proper dance shoes, they're very cute, and I will definitely be able to wear them again. I figure a klutz like me needs a proper dance shoe with the steel rod in the the heel and suede soles to (hopefully) stop me from sliding unintentially across the dance floor.

I also bought my fishnets and Brazilian cut undies, so I'm all set for next Sat.

After my successful shopping mission, I ran home to quickly do some laundry. I had to go to the Laundromat down the road because my washing machine is on the fritz and I haven't had a chance to call to get it fixed yet. I haven't had a chance to call to get it fixed yet because that would require tidying up my apartment to a point where I'm not embarrassed to let a repairman in to see it. :-(

I basically only have to do laundry about once a month because I have lots of clothes and over 30 pairs of undies. Once the undies are gone, dum-de-dum-dum-DUM - LAUNDRY DAY!!!

Make me fit, baby!

So after all the laundry madness (boy did I have a LOT to do!), I ran over to Carlos's for my introductory training session. He wrote up a fitness program for me so I actually know what I need to do when I go to the gym now - yay! Before I went and did stuff, but fairly aimlessly, not knowing if what I was doing was actually helpful. Now I know what my heartrate needs to be, how long I need to do the bike/treadmill for, what weights to do, etc. I have my very own little program folder I bring around with me when I do the weights and cardio and I write down what I did each time. I feel like I'm back in school and Carlos will grade me on my performance. ;-)

Carlos also showed me some exercises I can do at home, with the exercise bands I have. I didn't realise how much he had me doing until I woke up the next morning and swore while trying to stand up. My legs were in so much pain, I pretty much was swearing every time I stood up or sat down. Especially sitting down. Going to the bathroom was fun. Why are toilets so freaking low? I was praying the toilet seat could some how magically rise up to meet my ass, but alas, no.

I SMSd Carlos to thank him for kicking my ass (legs) and for making me a healthy (and yummy!) dinner after our training session. Such a good boy!!! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home