.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Gig-alicious

I feel like I've gone back in time a few years when I used to be a gig whore - I'd go see bands play 2-3 times a week (minimum) on average. Of course, back then I used to have to write gig reviews and CD reviews too, which I found fun for a long time, but I was really glad to take a long break from all that.

But seeing Jason Mraz twice this week and then tonight going to see my friend Aldo's band, Anthem, it made me realise how much I miss gigging. Sydney has an awesome live music scene and I really need to get back out there and become a bit of a gig whore once again ;-)

I took some pics of the Anthem gig at the Excelsior Hotel, so I'll be cropping those along wth the Mraz photos in the coming week. I don't have Photoshop or Paintshop on my home computer, so for me it's all about sepia-ing the hell out of photos in Picassa ;-)

Must go to bed. Have long Samba rehearsal tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home