.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I think I'm turning Japanese Aussie, I think I'm turning Japanese Aussie, I really think so!

Okay, so maybe not. I have a long way to go to really become even vaguely Aussie, but I did have a very beautiful Aussie moment this evening, a moment so lovely, I'm even thinking of writing a letter to the Dept of I.mm.igration about it.

I was walking through Central station this evening on the way to my samba class, when I found myself behind a maybe 50-something-ish Asian man wearing a get-up I would like to call "homeboy samurai." First, he had just the top middle section of his hair pulled into a teeny high pony. His top was something of a "halter kimono" - a black & white floral print, with long and wide sleeves, with the whole "haltermono" stopping short, right at the waist. His high-water pants were also black & white, but with a checkered print. They were wide + baggy, looking a bit like something MC Hammer might have sported as a little tyke on tour. The man also wore mammoth-sized headphones, a "fanny pack" (if you're American) or a....ooops...I forget what they call it here...maybe a "bum bag" (?) and white high-topped sneakers.

I was just walking behind him for a long time, slowly taking in the entire ensemble with my eyes and I actually thought inside my head, "Yeahhhhh....that's the go, mate! That's the go!" I may have even said it quite softly, under my breath. And a moment later I thought, "HEY! Did I just think, 'That's the go, mate!!!???' HELL YEAH!!!

Now granted, I could never pull that off outloud, but in my head, it just felt right. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home