.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2005

On a Mission for the Beez Neez

Last night I was on a mission! My pal Skot told me about a beer I'd never heard of before - Beez Neez. It's brewed with honey and this excited me very much. As a fan of the 'shandy' (beer + lemonade), the Beez Neez thang sounded just up my alley. Thanks to Skot, I was able to find which venues closest to me served BN.

I told Lisa of my mission and we decided to go to The Australian Hotel @ the Rocks. I met up with Gaby and Lisa around 8.30pm. I was meant to be @ the Rocks around 8pm. Ooops. That's pretty late, even for me. I did have help though. My bus came to a halt for a while due to this dumbass who decided to stand in the middle of the right lane on the other side of George street. He was standing in front of a bus. On purpose. So that it could not go by or go anywhere. I only heard bits and pieces but I believe the dumbass was standing in front of the bus, refusing to move, because the bus did not stop for him and his friends. I don't know why the bus driver did not stop for the man. Perhaps she somehow sensed that he was an a$$hole? Anyhoo, my bus drive, the other bus's bus driver and all passengers on both buses were all going, "Get out of the way! MOVE! GET out of the way!" and motioning with our hands. I eventually got off and walked the rest of the way...

We temporarily forgot how to get to The Australian, but we found it in the end. The Beez Neez was very very nice! I would have liked it to be a bit sweeter, but hey, that's just me. I will definitely get it again, though. The Chicken Tandoori pizza I split with Lisa was absolutely amazing. Delish!

Today I did some writing and cleaning. My tummy was not very happy with me today, but a lot of tea helped. I washed way too many dishes while listening to the lovely Sarah Blasko and to my 1998 Butterfly in Oz mix, which I remember attemtping to type out the tracklisting for on this blog a while back, but I never finished it. The mix brought back heaps of funny memories. I love how so many moments/events/people get all nicely preserved in certain songs and even if you have not thought about that person or thing in forever, as soon as the song comes on, all the memories come back. I don't listen to this mix very often, so I get surprised by some of the tracks because I forget what's on the tape.

I still haven't managed to move my fishies *sob* but I can get them to dance. Basically, I just start dancing like an idiot in front of their bowl and DOOF! DOOF! DOOF! They're right there with me! They've got some good moves! ;-) I may have to bribe a friend to come over and help me move my fishies this week though.....argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home