.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sunshine, Pretty Please?

Only 10 hours till I meet Kate and Kelsey at the airport and I'm still tidying! I haven't been tidying all day...I've had to go run a lot of errands today. Anyway...I've been checking out the rain forecasts for Sydney, Brisbane, and Noosa all week and I didn't like what I was seeing, so I was pretty much ignoring them. Not that I trust weathermen/women, but according to them it is supposed to rain when Kate and Kelsey arrive in Sydney...for their first, second, and third days in Sydney. Then we will fly to Brisbane for two days...where we can expect...more rain! And then we will be in Noosa for 3 days, where we can look forward to...even more rain! But when we get back to Brisbane and Sydney, supposedly we can count on no rain! So, yeah...I'm a bit bummed. I really hope the rain predictions are wrong and Kate + Kelsey's first 7 days in Australia aren't full of showers. Or even if the showers took place at night and we woke up to sunny days! (Hell, I'd even take highly cloudy!) Hmmmm...I hope they won't read my blog when they first land! :-) Hi, guys!

The fact it is supposed to rain on New Year's Eve poses an interesting question - where do we want to watch the fireworks and how long do we want to stake out a spot if it's rainy? I think we definitely need a Plan B that will include getting a decent view of the fireworks without sitting in the rain all day long. Every year I hope to make friends with someone who has an awesome view of the fireworks that doesn't require guarding a spot all day long, but it never happens! :-(

I hate it how I feel somewhat responsible for the weather when I have people come visit me in Australia...I know it's totally out of my control yet I feel guilty when there's no sunshine and hot weather in December! It reminds me of when my friend Dhruv came to visit me for Christmas in 1999 and he couldn't stay in Oz long and I believe it rained every day he was here. Ooops. At least there won't be a heatwave last New Year's Day ...when it got to be 46 C/111 F. That was bad. Welp...back to tidying...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home