.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Working it...

I know I haven't been blogging much for a while now, so, for those of you who may not know otherwise, I have failed to mention two funny things.

Funny thing #1: I have joined a gym. No, seriously.
Funny thing #2: In order to motivate (i.e. 'scare') myself into joining a gym, I signed up for a samba performance class. My fellow classmates and I will be perfoming on stage in Sydney, in front of 600+ people, while wearing authentic Brazilian Carnival costumes. Feather headdresses and all! Yes, that's right, people. I had to freak myself out by the idea of jiggling around in a tiny little costume in front of 600 people in order to get my ass to a gym.

Hey, who says scare tactics don't work? ;-)

Basically, I sit on my ass all day in front of a computer, and I don't sleep very soundly and I'm lacking in energy, so regular cardio should help with all that. I'm not expecting a miracle before our Samba show, but I would like to try to get a bit of tone by then. I'm happy with what I got, but yes, more tone would be fantabulous! :-D

I went to the gym with Jason tonight (my friend Jason, not Jason Mraz, sorry to disappoint! ;-) I got on a bike for a while (I was impressed I could do anything after my 1 hour Circuit class last night!) and then Jason convinced me to go upstairs for some weights. It turns out he is a bit of a Gym Nazi - he's tough, but good! :-D Thanks for your help tonight, Rammstein! :-D I may be cursing you tomorrow when I can't get out of bed though!!! :p

After gymming we watched last week's episode of 24 that we had both missed. How the hell is 24 still so damn good???? There's always some gigantic crisis, people lie, people die, Jack risks his life, Jack saves the day. It's always the same thing over and over, every season, but it is ALWAYS awesome. Always gripping. I'm always both worried about Jack and impressed by Jack. I adore some chracters, I want to smack others. I'm always shocked by something. Kudos to the show's writers for making it so damn interesting and addictive season after season!

Okay, I need to get my beauty sleep now. Can't let my future husband see me looking like crap tomorrow night! WOO-HOO!

Smooches, people! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home