.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Monday, July 31, 2006

Mrazturbation is definitely the answer...

I entered another Jason Mraz contest and I won! :-D This time the competition required sharing your favourite word and explaining why it was your favourite word. Of course I said my favourite word was "Mrazturbation". I can't remember my exact 25-words-or-less explanation for this fantastic word, but it was something to the effect of: "This is my favourite word because it combines my two favourite things - Mraz and Masturbation! Both are fun, healthy, and highly recommended!" Or something like that. I have no idea. I wish I'd saved my entry now.

Anyway, the prize for this comp was 2 free tix to a Sydney Jason Mraz gig. I'd assumed it was for the Thursday night gig as I knew Wednesday's show was sold out. I got a phone call today saying I'd won the tix, but that they were for Wednesday's show. I was excited, yet slightly disappointed as I have already bought tix for Wednesday's show. I admit it, I was feeling selfish. I asked the lovely lady who called me about the contest if I could pretty please possibly exchange my Wed night tix for Thurs night tix so I could see my beloved Jason Mraz two nights in a row. She said this wasn't possible. :-(

Oh well, I figured I would just have to find two pals to give the free tix too as none of my friends here know of Jason (my fault, I know) except for Gavin, and he was already going with me on Wed. I was determined to convert new friends to the Book of Mraz. After all, I made Gavin go with me to a Mraz gig a couple years ago without him ever hearing a single note of Mrazness and he got hooked. I felt confident I could convert more unsuspecting souls to Mrazism. After all, this is my future hubby we're talking about, and my friends will have to love him. :-D

Then after asking a couple friends (who, in the end, thankfully could not come!) I got another call from the competition lady, who said she had made a mistake and that it turns out I DID actually win tix for Thursday, not Wednesday.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so so so so so so happy. So I DO get to see Mr. Mraz TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!

It's such a good thing I hadn't found anyone who could come yet because I would have felt really bad when I had to tell them - SORRY, I LIED, YOU CAN'T COME! ;-)

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to bring my "Mrazturbation Down Under" sign to the show. Honestly, I'd love to, but I'm worried that I wouldn't even be allowed to take it into the venue and that some mean security guard would take my baby away from me. Maybe I should call ahead and ask...hmmmm...but yes, I would love to wave the sign in front of Jason and then I could throw it on stage with my bra or something. (I am kidding, I am not actually that psychotic. No, really...)

Heh - I just got an email from my Mum - she wrote:

I saw your blogspot. Only my daughter could think of something like that. Or carry a sign for pregnant lesbians.

Congratulations on winning the contest!

Love,

Mum

I'll have to ask my parents which sign they are more proud of me for, the "Mrazturbation Down Under" one or The Pregnant Lesbians one. Of course, me ending up on National Nine News probably made the latter EXTRA exciting for Mum + Pops!

Hugs + kisses,
Lori 'B-fly' Mraz :-D

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home