.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I've Named The Babies...

My fishies have names! :-) I've decided on Van and Moshie, short for Van Halen and Mosh Pit Mosher :-)

It's Van Halen for the one that likes to "JUMP!" (yes, I'm cheesy, but hey, I think he'd like that song since he does jump all the time) and Mosh Pit Mosher for the the headbanger fishie who is constantly butting his head/mouth against the glass to try to get a) the the other fish or b) the other fish's food.

Ah, I feel better now that my fishies have names. I hope they do too ;-)

I cannot believe the # of names I've gone through....I decided against the Harry Potter references as there just weren't any characters that really reminded me of my babies. I also went through ideas of names of artistic people I just liked - Picasso, Gaudi, Nabokov, but that was all about me rather than the fishies, so no go there. Then I almost named them Salto and Boquita (Jump + Small Mouth in Spanish,) but I still wasn't satisfied. Yes, I'm weird, I know! :-D

And now for some shoutouts:

  • Happy 28th b-day to Javi Honeybunches!!!

  • Happy 30th b-day to Rudilicious!!! (almost!)

  • Lots and lots of hugs, luck and happy thoughts and crossed fingers and toes to Glassy who looks fabulous in hot pink and black!

  • 1 million gold stars to my talented DC for an amazing job well done! :-D

  • Love + Speedy recovery wishes to my Grandpa

  • Love + Bon Voyage to my Uncle Norman who has left this world behind


  • Last night I went to Rudi's b-day drinks and had a very nice and relaxed time chillin' in Marrickville. I was lame and left at 1.30am, but this was just due to being up that morning at 5am, not for lack of cool peeps and fun conversations! ;-)

    Tonight I'm going to Hussain's farewell drinks. :-( Hussain is such a sweetie so it will be sad to see him go. We can only hope he gets to visit again VERY soon!


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home