.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Saturday, December 01, 2001

Cannot believe it's December!

Well, here's the scoop: Kristen has arrived! Woo-hoo! It's so good to see her again and we're going to have a blast while she's here. Of course with her luck and mine (crazy luck) there are bound to be lots of bizarre funny things/stories happening.

Last night I was fun, I was treated to heaps of delicious food at Club Tatts in downtown Sydney. Very classy place, I was there with two co-workers etc. and it was just food heaven. Had some mushroom ravioli appetiser (yum!) , chargrilled beef with onion marmalade for the main, and plum pudding and ice cream for dessert. They kept coming around with wine, refilling everyone's glasses, so I was ready to fall asleep after the first one ;)

Thursday night I asked Kristen if there was anywhere special she wanted to go for dinner and get this - she said Otto's! How funny is that? I was so excited because I'd been craving that damn pizza all day at work and wanted to go and get it again, even if it was the next day. So we went and it was heaven, I tell you. I made Kristen try a bite and she was not impressed to say the least, and officially thinks I have weird taste in food, and she's probably right ;) But that's me, lovin' the weird stuff. Anyway, the pizza was huge, I looked at it thinking, "Right, so I'll have to take half of this home with me." But that was not to be, ladies and gentlemen, I ate the whole thing! I was stunned. Kristen was stunned. It was the first time in ages a waitress has ever taken a plate away from me without feeling obligated to ask if I was done. I should have grabbed the plate and said, "Hey, I haven't licked the crumbs yet, Missy! Back off!" Anyway, usually I talk too much during dinner and I'm a super slow eater, so I was quite proud of myself for polishing it all off. If only I'd had a camera ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home