.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B-Fly: An Oz Blog

Wednesday, November 07, 2001

What a sleepy day today was. Warmish but rainy on and off all day. At any given point, I could have laid down on any surface (desk, floor, boardroom table) and curled up into the fetal position and taken a nice nap. I had two cups of hot chocolate today. It was just that kind of day. Okay, enough boring weather talk, but I'm a big believer of the weather affecting how energetic/upbeat I am, so it's boringly relevant.

The good news is I am officially signed up for this writing "retreat" this weekend and I'm signed up for a meditation workshop the following weekend. Next weekend we are celebrating Thanksgiving early because Jorge is going on holiday to New Zealand. I'll be contributing my "famous" mashed potatoes for the second year running. What's funny is that I took a cab back from George St because I took longer than I thought while paying for my class and the taxi driver remembered me! I did not remember him, but he said he remembered my face and finally asked if I lived on City Rd. How funny. Thank goodness he wasn't the cab driver I had a few weeks ago, who was pushing 40 and asked me for my number so he could ask me out on a date some time. Poor guy.

And I got tix for myself and two friends for next Wednesday to see John Butler Trio so that's set.Yay!

I can't believe I neglected to tell my lowly Melbourne Day Cup story yesterday---I sorta got into it and then forgot about it. It'll have to wait till tomorrow as I'm just ready to pass out into a deep sleep.

I can't get "Amazing" by Alex Lloyd out of my head:

"You were amazing
We did amazing things
I wouldn't change it
We were amazing things..."

Simple, but it gets me every time.

Work was it's usual busy self today, and a client told me I was "The Saviour." I'm thinking of putting that on my resume....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home